What personal information do we collect on this site, and how do we collect it?
When you subscribe to Review of Optometry®, we ask you for your first and last name, title, company name, address, phone number, fax number, and e-mail address.
How do we use the personal information that we collect?
We use the personal information that we collect on your online subscription form as follows:
- Our fulfillment house, which currently is Hallmark Data, stores all the information that you enter on the online subscription form and makes that information available to the our circulation department.
- Our circulation department may share your name and address with our direct mail vendors (who are engaged on a job-to-job basis), who may send you renewal mailings, and with our list vendor, which currently is Statlistics, who may include your name and address in lists that it rents to third parties. We also may share your name and address with MBNA America Bank, N.A., with whom we have a credit card program. MBNA may use that information to send you offers for a Jobson Optical credit card.
- If you provide your e-mail address, we may send you subscription renewal forms by e-mail and may forward your e-mail address to our list vendor, which currently is Statlistics, to use to send you e-mail promotional messages for other optical products and services offered by JMI and other companies. We also may use your e-mail address to send you newsletters about developments and opportunities in the optical and ophthalmic industries.
- If you provide your telephone number, we may share it with telemarketing companies (who are engaged on a job-by-job basis) who may use it tosolicit renewals of your subscription, and with our list vendor, which currently is Statlistics, who may include the phone number along with your name and address in lists that it rents to third parties. You do not have to provide your telephone number to subscribe to Review of Optometry.
- If you provide your fax number, you give consent for us to send you fax advertisements for JMI information products and services, including products and services of our subsidiary Frames Data Inc., at the fax number you have provided. We also may share your name and fax number with our fax vendor, which currently is Express Messaging, who may send you subscription renewal forms by fax. You do not have to provide your fax number to subscribe to Review of Optometry.
- If we are required to disclose your personal information by any applicable law, court order, or government regulation, we will comply with such laws, orders or regulations.
Do any third parties collect information on this site?
BPA Worldwide Interactive audits our Web site traffic using technology provided by Nielsen Online. Such audits enable us to tell our advertisers how many people are visiting the site and seeing their advertisements. Click here http://www.nielsen-online.com/privacy.jsp?section=leg_scs to learn about how the Nielsen technology works and the kind of information that it collects.
What about non-confidential information that I transmit to you?
Any communication or material you transmit to us by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and nonproprietary. We may use anything you transmit to us or post on this Web site for any purpose, including but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, posting and/or ranking. Furthermore, you expressly agree that we are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to us without compensation and for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services using such information.
How can I correct my personal information?
To keep your personal information accurate, current, and complete, please contact Hallmark Data Systems at 1- 877-529-1746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I be sure that my Information is secure on your Web site?
We take reasonable steps to protect your Information as you transmit it from your computer to our site and to protect your Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this site may not be secure, Moreover, where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this site; it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
How will I know if this policy has changed?